Monday, September 24, 2012

Sleeping with Big Boobs

As the title might suggest, this post is NOT about snuggling up to a big set of boobs. Or maybe it is ;-)

I kid, I kid.

For those of us ladies whom are "well endowed", sleeping can sometimes be troublesome.

Lay on your back, your boobs are up to your chin, smooshing your face.

Lay on your stomach, you squish your boobs and they hurt in the morning.

Lay on your side, and they're just laying on top of each other, squishy and unsupported.

 

I read somewhere recently that laying on your back is actually "the best" for relieving pressure off your breasts and keeping them from being sweaty, etc.

But let's face it. Not all of us sleep on our back (or can because of our breast size). I, for one, tend to sleep kind of half on my stomach, half on my side. Think this position:

[caption id="attachment_310" align="aligncenter" width="297"] From http://docakilah.blogspot.com/2011/04/which-sleep-position-is-healthiest.html[/caption]

 

The website listed for the image says this about this side sleeping position:

Good for: Preventing neck and back pain, reducing acid reflux, snoring less, sleeping during pregnancy
Bad for:
 Your skin and your breasts
The scoop:
 Side-sleeping is great for overall health—it reduces snoring and keeps your spine elongated. If you suffer from acid reflux, this is the next best thing to sleeping on your back. The downside: "Sleeping on your side can cause you to get wrinkles," Dr. Glaser says. Blame all that smushing of one side of your face into the pillow.

This pose also contributes to breast sag, since your girls are dangling downward, stretching the ligaments, says Health’s Medical Editor Roshini Rajapaksa, MD.

Oh darn! Breast sag?!

WELCOME.....the BOOB PILLOW!!

No, it's nothing special. I just have a really thick and firm pillow for my head, and then I have a somewhat firm pillow that I wrap my arms around and use to separate my breasts from each other. Busts 4 Justice briefly mentions something like this, but it looks a little bit weird. I seriously cannot sleep if I do not have my boob pillow in the proper place; and if I roll over in the night to lay on my other side, the boob pillow comes with me. I've never tried a sleep bra and I'm not sure it would work. Also, underwire while sleeping sounds incredibly painful.

 

***What about you ladies? What do you use to make your breasts more comfortable when you sleep? Do you sleep on your back/stomach/side? Do you wear a sleep bra?? Post your answers in the comments below.***

4 comments:

  1. That's a great idea! I get a new large cuddley teddy bear each Christmas from my husband, and it does exactly the same job as the big pillow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sleep bra, no wires or clips. Just pull on. Especially helpful when it's warm out, or when it's "that time" and are tender.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've heard of this device called the Kush Support. I've no idea whether it works, but the principle is interesting: a contoured foam support that goes in the cleavage.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have also seen that, and it is featured on Busts 4 Justice's blog. It looks very strange!!

    ReplyDelete