Monday, October 22, 2012

Ambition is Bigger Than Time....

More and more, I keep thinking this is what I want to do. I want to own a lingerie boutique. I want to fit women and change their lives!

I also want to own a bakery. And a restaurant. And a craft store.

I have the tendency to start many, many projects and then have myself spread thin. Like right now? I work full time, I'm finishing up my master's, we got another dog in August (yikes, potty and puppy training), I have a very successful Etsy wedding favors store, we're working on starting a handmade soap business, and I have all those buckeyes to drill holes into and make into necklaces and wreaths, etc. We're also listing our condo for sale in the Spring to move closer to my family (2 hours away). Oh, did I mention that I'm an avid crocheter? I'm actively looking for a teaching job that I can start up after graduation, too. Yesterday, my husband and I started working on our massive combined family trees (with my Dad's side of the family's lineage dating all the way back to 1700's Germany...).....The # of pots we have our hands in right now is insane.

But, as I was sitting and talking to my uncle's sister on Saturday, telling her about bras and fit and the brands I love for a half hour - poor girl, I chat her ear off - I kept thinking "This is what I want to do!". But I've thought that about so many of my other projects. And yes, somehow, the schedule always works out, and I am able to get everything done. But how would I start a lingerie boutique?

I wish I was the kind of person that could choose one thing to be passionate about and devote all of my time towards that one thing. There are pros and cons to being the way I am (see: unfocused), and sometimes I only see the pros and others just the cons. Admittedly, I'm not sure where I'm going with this. Just kind of stream of consciousness.

In other news, I'm hosting my first bra fit workshop in a couple weeks! I am aching to share what I have learned and what I know with the women in my life, so I'm inviting a group of ladies over to my house to talk about bras, how they should fit, and how they can help their friends and family, too. Obviously, I have nothing to sell except for the big message: every woman should know how a bra is supposed to fit her, that way she can make an informed decision when she is out shopping, or when she is fit by someone in a store (i.e. Victoria's Secret, Lane Bryant, etc...).

I guess in a way, this is my contribution to the people in my life. I can't actually start a lingerie boutique right now, but at least I can help to educate other women :-)

And now, I have probably spent enough time distracting myself from my thesis...

Happy Monday!

 

1 comment:

  1. I totally know what you mean! I have never been one of those people who had some set path I knew I wanted to do. But I also love lingerie-- I'm hoping this one is my 'true' love :). We'll see how it goes! And in a perfect world, you'll be stocking my lingerie in your boutique one day.

    ReplyDelete